Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Childhood Rejection

This blog will explore how childhood rejection, especially around sex roles and expectations, plays out in our adult lives, and how people can heal from it to live fuller, more creative lives.

Please feel free to comment and/or send emails with what you'd like to see here. This is a collaborative project that I hope will eventually become a book and maybe a documentary. Many brave people have talked with me about this issue, and I've seen some healing taking place.

My experience as a tomboy is the driving force behind this project. I was the girl who was too good at sports, and was rejected by female and then male peers during puberty. I empathize with people who were chosen last in sports, because I know what that rejection feels like. I have taught people how to throw and hit a ball, and to break through the childhood messages that there was something wrong with them because they didn't know how to do it. They were simply never taught how, or their feelings of rejection prevented them from learning when someone did try to help.

Thank you for reading this, and please feel free to contribute.

creatively yours,

Judy Kamilhor

2 comments:

  1. I am currently, finally, starting to face the reasons behind why "I'm not good enough" for so many things in my life. It never occurred to me that you felt similarly, in terms of rejection. the admiration I had for your sports ability is now outweighed by my admiration for your emotional strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. Please feel free to share your experiences here in whatever form you choose.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete